There has never been a time when I didn’t write
Being a writer was not a choice I ever made, I was born this way. Writing is something I have been doing for as long as I can remember. From my first work of haiku poetry when I was three years old (Dolly in a pushchair, won’t be hurted by other cars) to the slightly more sophisticated novels, screenplays and features I write now; words, stories and capturing the pictures in my imagination have always been my driving force.
My love is fiction but in order to earn a living I diversified into journalism at the age of 19. Since then I have had an extensive career in media working in newspapers, magazines, TV, film and radio. I have also written and sold two feature films, worked with high-profile producers on a number of television projects and have been a guest lecturer at the prestigious London Film School.
I have written five novels, samples of which are on this website.
I am also an experienced Tarot reader and an expert in mythology, folklore and the occult.
But life is not only about work. Ten years ago I was struck down by a very rare illness called Guillain Barre Syndrome and was left paralysed from the waist down for two years. It was an horrific and frightening experience and I still suffer from the chronic after-effect of this condition now. It is not always obvious when you first meet me, as thanks to the hard work of the doctors and nurses in the NHS, I live a normal life again.
It has given me an angle on life, love, relationships, friendships and survival I never imagined possible. As such, I am available for quotes, lectures, guest writing or speaking slots, features commissions and opinion pieces on any of the following subjects:
- Writing and pitching ideas for magazines and newspapers.
- Writing novels and how to go about selling your work.
- Writing for film and TV.
- Recovering from debilitating illnesses, the challenges and the realities.
- The NHS an analysis from the inside as well as high-profile contacts within the service and on a political level.
- The mysteries of Tarot and the occult.
- Mythology, folklore and quirky arcane ancient knowledge
- Relationships from any angle but specialising in: dealing with divorce, affairs and finding the perfect relationship.
- Real life stories.
For more information click here to contact me.
2001 – present:
Journalist, sub-editor, novelist, script writer and lecturer
Journalism and subbing: Prediction, Stylist (deputy production editor), Elle, Fabulous – News of the World, InStyle, more!, Look, Woman, Chat – It’s Fate, Redwood Publishing, The Daily Mirror, She, Shine, Essentials, Deputy Editor (also had responsibility of Production Editor) TVHits. Mother & Baby (production editor), Cosmopolitan, Goal, 19, Mizz, Chat, Loaded, Best, Women’s Realm, That’s Life, Shine, Empire, Now, Dennis Publishing, LCD Publishing.
Novels: Five complete novels: The Windchime; The Music Makers; The Patron Saint of Married Women; The King, His Knight and their Squire; Here There Be Monsters
Film: : Sold numerous scripts and worked with high-profile film producers and directors (including: Ginger Media Group and Samuelson Productions).
TV: Numerous high profile development projects as both script writer and producer, most recently with ITV1 and Portman Films. Managing Director of Purple Mermaid Productions Ltd.
Lecturer: In MA Script Writing – The London Film School.
2000 – 2001: Project Co-ordinator for charity helpline, Capital Radio.
1997 – 1998: Associate Producer/Location Director, Mentorn Barrraclough Carey.
1996: Launch Features Editor, Now (head hunted), IPC Magazines.
1995 – 1996: Associate Producer (head hunted), Mentorn Films.
1993 – 1995: Feature Writer, Chat, IPC Magazines.
1992 – 1993: Features Editor, London Recorder Newspapers.
1991 – 1992: Freelance Writer: four Mills & Boon novels.
Contributor to: more!, Empire, 90Minutes, The Cornish Guardian.
1990 – 1991: Co-ordinating Editor, Dennis Oneshots, Dennis Publishing.
1989 – 1990: Assistant Features Editor, London Recorder Newspapers.
1987 – 1989: MD, in-house writer and director, Magic Cream Theatre Co.
- Over 21 years of employment across all media groups.
- Have written and sold three feature films.
- Head hunted to be Features Editor on the launch of Now, IPC’s biggest magazine launch.
- Nominated for numerous writing awards.
- Managing Director, Purple Mermaid Productions Ltd.
- Head hunted, twice, to highly esteemed television group Mentorn Barraclough Carey, to head up small teams of highly skilled individuals to produce award winning TV programmes across terrestrial and satellite channels. Nominated for an award.
- Worked with many world renowned TV and film directors and producers.
- Script consultant to Samuelson Productions (Stormbreaker, Wilde, Arlington Road): Things To Do Before You’re 30 (2004).
- Lectured and regularly marked the MA script writing course at the London Film School.
- Worked on a consultancy basis with Thin Films (first film Sus by Barry Keefe released 2010).
- Worked with Shed Productions (Footballers’ Wives, Waterloo Road, Bad Girls) on new television ideas.
- Have written and subbed for women’s magazines and national newspapers for 20 years.